Save the Date for The Hands-On Surgical Techniques Course
July 16 – 18, 2020
Indiana Spine Group, Medical Academic Center
This course is intended for spine fellows who are interested in learning from experienced, world renowned, Cervical Spine Research Society (CSRS) members, practicing spine surgeons who would like to sharpen their current surgical skills and senior level residents or Fellows who are interested in strengthening their knowledge and skill base prior to embarking on a career in spinal surgery.
The course will cover the latest advances and techniques of the cervical spine including:
- Understanding the intricate anatomy of the uncinate process, nerve roots, the vertebral artery, foramen and identify their relationship to each other
- Discuss surgical indications and complication management for cervical spine procedures
- Review and perform the following cervical spine procedures on cadaveric tissue:
- Anterior and posterior surgical approaches including: laminotomy, foraminotomy, laminoplasty, laminectomy, and facetectomy
- Fusion techniques including: occipital-cervical constructs, C1-2 fixation, subaxial screw and rod constructs
- Anterior decompression techniques including: disectomy, foraminotomy, corpectomy
- Anterior fusion techniques including: interbody and corpectomy grafting, as well as subaxial plate, odontoid fixation and cages
- Transoral approach to dens resection
Program approved for 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
Accreditation Statement: The Medical Academic Center is accredited by the Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement: The Medical Academic Center designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Agenda coming soon, dates and times are as follows:
Thursday, July 16, 2020: 1pm – 5pm; Reception/Meet the faculty to follow
Friday, July 17, 2020: 8am – 5pm
Saturday, July 18, 2020: 8am – 12pm
Registration for Practicing Surgeons
Registration cost $1,595
Lunch and reception on Thursday
Breakfast, lunch and reception on Friday
Breakfast on Saturday
Daily shuttle service between hotel and meeting location
To register: Register
CSRS has a room block reserved at the Renaissance Indianapolis North. Once you register for the event, you will be directed to the website to book your room.
Registration for Fellows and Residents
Accepted fellows will receive a complimentary registration and will receive reimbursement of approved travel expenses.
To apply for consideration, CSRS requires the following letters completed by April 1, 2020. (Announcement of recipient will be made by May 1, 2020.)
- Letter of interest to participate
- Letter of support from program director
Fellows/Residents register here.