2021 Membership Timeline
Membership Application Open
Feb. 2-Sep. 15, 2021, 11:59pm CDT
New Member Announcements
Dec. 15, 2021
First Dues Payment Deadline
Jan. 31, 2022
- Advanced degree for nonclinical specialists or Board Certification for clinical specialists.
- Three letters of recommendation, all of which must be Active Members of the Cervical Spine Research Society.
- Attendance of at least one of the CSRS US Section Annual Meetings prior to consideration of your application.
- Author or co-author on a paper or poster presented at one US Section CSRS Annual Meeting prior to consideration of your application.
*As of Dec. 11, 2020, Active Members may include individuals outside North and South America. There is no longer a membership-cap of 275 members.
- Show an active interest in the disorders of the cervical spine.
- Within 7 years of completing training and be Board eligible.
- Require one letter of recommendation from a CSRS Active Member.
- Attendance at a CSRS meeting is required within three years.
- Upon completion of Board certification, Candidate Members are required to apply for full Active Membership.
The Cervical Spine Research Society will review requests from any Active Members who request Senior Status at the Winter Board Meeting*. Active members wishing to transition to senior status must confirm that they are either 65 years old or are no longer seeing clinical patients or receiving employment from outside sources. Senior members’ status may also be conferred at the discretion of the Board of Directors on those individuals who request such a change.
Each Senior Member has a right to vote but does not have the right to hold office. Senior Members are not required to pay annual dues or to submit papers for presentation, but shall pay expenses for meetings attended on a pro rata basis. Changes in membership will be reflected in the 2022 dues cycle beginning January 1, 2022.
*The membership committee may review a select number of applications between January and April of the current dues cycle for late Senior Applications.
Deadline to submit applications is September 15, 2021. Decisions on membership will occur at the Annual Meeting and accepted applicants will be notified in December. Additional Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-918-9834.