Emerging Leaders Course
April 18 – 20, 2024
Indiana Spine Group, Medical Academic Center
The Emerging Leaders Course further promotes CSRS’s mission of developing young members by creating an open and intimate forum addressing the various challenges faced by early career spine surgeons. This course will be open to 32 total participants. The primary audience is orthopedic or neurosurgeons in their first five years of practice, and neurosurgeons in their last year of residency.
Meeting Chairs: Michael Daubs, MD & Michael McCarthy, MD
• Create an open participant driven education platform to facilitate honest and “real-life” conversations between attendees and facility.
• Provide useful and informative lectures focusing on topics relevant to young surgeon leaders.
• Emphasis on advanced cervical spine topics and techniques.
• Further explore participants as surgeon leader in and out of the operating room.
• Hands-on labs working one on one with cervical spine experts.
• Promote engagement of early career members within CSRS
• Limited capacity to facilitate group discussion and networking with current and past CSRS presidential line
Click below to view the program:
Rick Sasso, MD
Mike McCarthy, MD, MPH
Philip Louie, MD
Chris Shaffrey, MD
Todd Albert, MD
Alpesh Patel, MD, MBA, FACS
James Harrop, MD, MSHQS
Mike Daubs, MD
Addisu Mesfin, MD
John Rhee, MD
Darrel Brodke, MD
The Emerging Leaders Course will select the top candidates based upon an application process. The CSRS Education committee will review and select the final candidates.
Applicants must be US based and be either from a ACGME or CAST accredited program or have a fellowship secured with a CSRS active member.
Accepted practicing surgeons are only responsible for a $300 registration fee. (CSRS will cover the hotel, airfare/travel, and most food expenses.) A limited number of spots are available for neurosurgeon residents, and CSRS will cover the complete registration fee as well as hotel, airfare/travel and most of the food expenses.
Applications now closed.
Applicants will be notified in the first few weeks of February if he or she has been accepted.