July 21 – 23, 2022
Indiana Spine Group, Medical Academic Center
Learn from experienced, world renowned, Cervical Spine Research Society (CSRS) members a the 2022 Hands-on Surgical Techniques Course! This course is intended for residents and fellows, first year surgeons may also apply.
Full course scholarships, including travel, are available for US based senior residents and fellows.
Applications are now closed
All session and presentation times are listed in the Eastern Time Zone (EDT) and subject to change.
Vincent Traynelis, MD
Paul Anderson, MD
Andrew Dailey, MD, FAANS
Frank Eismont, MD
John M. Rhee, MD
Rick Sasso, MD
Bradford Currier, MD
Bruce Darden, II, MD
James Harrop, MD
Christopher Shaffrey, MD
- Understanding the intricate anatomy of the uncinate process, nerve roots, the vertebral artery, foramen and identify their relationship to each other
- Discuss surgical indications and complication management for cervical spine procedures
- Review and perform the following cervical spine procedures on cadaveric tissue:
- Anterior and posterior surgical approaches including: laminotomy, foraminotomy, laminoplasty, laminectomy, and facetectomy
- Fusion techniques including: occipital-cervical constructs, C1-2 fixation, subaxial screw and rod constructs
- Anterior decompression techniques including: disectomy, foraminotomy, corpectomy
- Anterior fusion techniques including: interbody and corpectomy grafting, as well as subaxial plate, odontoid fixation and cages
- Transoral approach to dens resection
|January 11, 2022||Application opens|
|February 11, 2022||Application closes|
|March 1, 2022||Application decisions are sent to applicants|
|July 21, 2022||Hands-on Surgical Techniques Course begins|
|July 23, 2022||Hands-on Surgical Techniques Course concludes|
Educational Grant Supporters
Interested in supporting CSRS' Hands-on Surgical Techniques Course? Explore the 2022 Corporate Partnership Prospectus.