Hands-on Surgical Techniques Course
July 20 – 22, 2023
Resident & Fellow Course
Indiana Spine Group, Medical Academic Center
Primary Audience: Senior level orthopedic and neurosurgery residents and fellows.
CSRS will fund 32 senior level, US based, residents and fellows to attend this course. Applications are now closed.
Applications Open: Now-March 15
Notification of acceptance: April 5
Deadline to confirm participation: April 14
More information coming soon!
The course will cover the latest advances and techniques of the cervical spine including:
- Understanding the intricate anatomy of the uncinate process, nerve roots, the vertebral artery, foramen and identify their relationship to each other
- Discuss surgical indications and complication management for cervical spine procedures
- Review and perform the following cervical spine procedures on cadaveric tissue:
- Anterior and posterior surgical approaches including: laminotomy, foraminotomy, laminoplasty, laminectomy, and facetectomy
- Fusion techniques including: occipital-cervical constructs, C1-2 fixation, subaxial screw and rod constructs
- Anterior decompression techniques including: disectomy, foraminotomy, corpectomy
- Anterior fusion techniques including: interbody and corpectomy grafting, as well as subaxial plate, odontoid fixation and cages
- Transoral approach to dens resection